Nazik is intended for use in adults and children over 6 years. The product contains xylometazoline has vasoconstrictor activity, thereby causing otbabvane the lining of the nose. Dexpanthenol is a derivative of pantothenic acid; vitamin that helps heal damaged mucosa and has mukoprotektivno (protective mucous membranes) action.
Do not use Nazik:
• If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to xylometazoline or dexpanthenol or any of the other ingredients of Nazik,
• If you suffer from dry inflammation of the lining of the nose and crusting (dry rhinitis)
• then carried through the nose surgical removal of the pineal gland (transfenoidalnahipofizektomiya)
• in infants and children under the age of 6 years.
Take special care with Nazik:
• If you are taking monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors or other drugs that may increase blood pressure
• If you have high IOP, especially in glaucoma tyasnoagylna,
• If you suffer from severe cardiovascular diseases (eg. Coronary heart disease, high blood pressure (hypertension)
• If you have an adrenal gland tumor (pheochromocytoma)
• If you suffer from metabolic disorders (eg. Overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), diabetes)
• If you suffer from porphyria
• If you prostatic hyperplasia.
The medicinal product can be used in chronic rhinitis only under medical supervision because of the risk of reduction in the nasal mucosa.
Use in children:
Prolonged use and overdose must be avoided, particularly in children. The use of higher doses should be performed only under medical supervision.
Nazik contains a concentration of active substances intended for adults and children over 6 years and why oh unsuitable for infants and children under the age of six.
For smaller children available nasal spray with lower concentrations of active substances.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Concomitant use of Nazik with some medicines that raise mood (traniltsiprominovi monoamine oxidase inhibitors or tricyclic antidepressants) may lead to increased blood pressure as a result of effects on cardiovascular functions.
Pregnancy and lactation
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
Nazik should not be used during pregnancy because of the absence of sufficient data on the use of xylometazoline hydrochloride in pregnant women.
Nazik should not be used by nursing women, as it is not known whether xylometazoline hydrochloride passes into breast milk.
Driving and using machines
When using this product in accordance with the guidelines do not expect manifestations of any effect on the ability to drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Nazik
Nazik contain benzalkonium chloride and therefore should not be used in patients with a known sensitivity to this preservative.
5. How to store Nazik
This medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions. Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use Nazik after the expiry date stated on the packaging. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
After opening the package, the product is fit for use for 12 weeks.
Medicines should not be disposed of in wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. Further information
• The active substances are xylometazoline hydrochloride and dexpanthenol. In 10 ml of solution contains 10 mg xylometazoline hydrochloride and 500 mg dexpanthenol.
Any injection of 0.1 ml (equivalent to 0.10 g) of the solution contains 0.1 mg xylometazoline hydrochloride and 5.0 mg dexpanthenol.
• The other ingredients are: benzalkonium chloride 0.02 mg / 0.1 ml, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate (Ph. EUR), purified water.
Nazik looks like and contents of the pack
Multidose container with a pump spray.
Nazik is a clear, colorless nasal spray, available in packs of 10 ml.
This nasal spray is also available with a lower concentration of the active substance suitable for children between 2 and 6 years.
The physiological role of ducting paths in the nose is heated, humidified and filtered inhaled air, thereby preventing bronchial tree by cooling and drying. Due to these features, the nasal passages are covered with well vascularized mucosa. Various factors (eg. Fever or surgery) can damage the nasal mucosa.
Such stimuli cause swelling of the nasal mucosa, impaired respiration through the nose, and a feeling of "clogging" of the nose.
In order to alleviate the inflammatory nasal congestion caused by fever or surgery, Nazik nasal spray is applied topically to the nasal mucosa, providing direct impact from the active substances xylometazoline hydrochloride and dexpanthenol.
Xylometazoline hydrochloride provides long diminished mucosal swelling and alleviate breathing through the nose, which occurs within a few minutes after administration. Rational reinforce this effect is achieved by the combination of Xylometazoline hydrochloride with dexpanthenol. Dexpanthenol is a derivative of pantothenic acid, vitamin necessary for all tissues in the human body, a component of the regular diet.